What are the symptoms of prostate cancer?
Prostate cancer may show different symptoms amongst different men. But these symptoms can be caused by other problems as well, such as prostatitis which is an infection and swelling of the prostate, benign prostatic hypertrophy, diabetes or due to side effects of certain medicines.
Similarly, erectile dysfunction which can be a symptom of prostate cancer can also be caused by factors such as diabetes, smoking, cardiovascular disease or just because of age.
Urinary symptoms can be the result of an infection of the bladder but could also be linked to other and more severe conditions.
Nevertheless, with the appearance of any frequent symptoms, it is always best to get yourself checked out by your doctor to find the cause of these changes.
Early-stage prostate cancer does not specifically show any symptoms or signs. It is usually found out through a Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test or a Digital Rectal Examination (DRE). If a PSA test or DRE indicates that prostate cancer may be present, more tests are recommended to diagnose prostate cancer.
Here are some of the probable symptoms of Prostate cancer:
- Difficulty starting or holding back urination or weak flow of urine
- Feeling that the bladder isn’t completely empty
- Need to strain to empty the bladder
- Dribbling urine after urinating
- Frequent urination, especially at night
- Lack of control before reaching the toilet
- Blood in the urine
- Blood in the seminal fluid
- New onset of erectile dysfunction
- Pain or burning during urination
- Discomfort or pain while sitting which can be caused by an enlarged prostate
- Painful ejaculation or a decrease in the amount of fluid ejaculated
- Pressure or pain in the rectum
- Pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, pelvis or thighs
- Ache in the back, hips, thighs, shoulders, or other bones
- Change in bowel habits
- Swelling or fluid build-up in the legs or feet
- Sudden weight loss
- Constant Fatigue
Farnhurst Elite offers a vacuum therapy system available on the NHS that has been medically accepted as discreet, safe and easy to use. This is a solution for Erectile Dysfunction whatever the cause, or as a consequence of another condition or surgery. See all our products online.