Using ED Pumps and Constriction Rings safely
An erectile dysfunction pump is a simple device that helps an individual get and maintain an erection. This device is straightforward to use, is non-invasive, does not need ingestion of any medication and is safe to use.
To ensure complete safety, there are a few things we suggest a user should remember.
- First and the foremost, if you are using an ED pump for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, it is always better to consult a doctor. (ED pumps can be used for non-medical purposes as well)
- Always read all the instructions carefully if you are using a pump for the first time, or just to check you are using it correctly.
- With manual pumps, there is a possibility of over pumping which might cause irritation. Vacuum pumps that are fitted with a vacuum gauge allow you to monitor the vacuum visually. This is also recommended for those with little or no sensation. The pressure gauge will help you keep track of how much pressure you are applying to your penis.
- Penis pump sleeves are available to make it comfortable if required. Use with sensitive skin can cause bruising, which is when the use of a pump sleeve is recommended.
- Use of a water based lubricant is always advisable. Our silky water-based lubricant comes with moisturising and skin-soothing properties.
- A pump is usually available in different sizes. So make sure that you find the right size for yourself to ensure maximum safety.
- If you are new to the use of a pump, make sure that you do not overdo it. We suggest once or twice a week initially.
- Constriction rings should not be left on for more than 15 minutes to avoid numbness of the penis. Once you are used to the whole process, you can decide your own comfort levels.
- It is advisable that you buy a transparent pump. A see-through cylinder is better so that you can look for any visible signs of discomfort or irritation.